Thanks to Donn Bennett Drum Studios and Rock Promotor AC Ice, I was able to attend the NAMM show this year in Anaheim. The place was amazing and I was really blown away by how much there was to see, including rock stars at every turn and some of the coolest gear that every musician is dying for. There were shows everywhere including the hotel lobbies, which would typically have two bands playing. Orianthi even helped jam pack a lobby as she played her scorching guitar licks to a standing room only crowd.
Some of the highlights I take back with me are:
- Celebrating a birthday while down there
- Hanging out with my good friend, Steve Moore AKA “The Mad Drummer”
- Meeting a guy named Jolly Goodfellow, yes that’s his real name and he’s really quite cool.
- Getting the issue of Modern Drummer I was published in and even signing for fans.
- Seeing all kinds of stars from Michael Anthony of Van Halen and Joey Kramer of Aerosmith.
- Rooming with guitarist Randy Piper of W.A.S.P for four days.
Below are just a few of the images I took at the show and you can see more on Flickr.
DON’T MISS OUT ON MANY MORE POSTINGS
This is only one of many pages on our site. Check out additional photos in the archives, with multiple updates weekly. From travel, to live music shows to upcoming bikini photos Terry has shot over the past ten years.